4.06.2012

Candy Chicks

Easter is right around the corner! All of the pastel colors and sweet candy lining the aisles at the store bring a smile to my face. Such a fun holiday to celebrate with family and friends. My inspiration for these chicks were found here. I decided to make my chicks bigger and multi colored. These Hershey Milk Chocolate eggs were perfect for the project.
I decided to use gel icing I had on hand for the eyes and beaks. I had black and white. I used food coloring to get the orange for the beaks. I used a tooth pick to decorate with. They worked really well. My eggs did roll around quite a bit which was unnerving when they were wet. If I would have used a flatter candy it would have been better. I did end up putting the cookie sheet in the fridge over night to help the gel set.
All in all I was happy with the varying colors and the sweet little chick faces. These would be perfect in a small dish at an Easter party or brunch.

Do you have any simple easy Easter food projects?

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment