3.26.2012

Quick Organizing Projects Rundown

Lately my organization motto has been the smaller, quicker the projects, the better. The last month has been wild at our house with multiple cases of the flu, head colds, a pulled tooth, birthdays, trips and teething. We (I most of all) are hoping for a fresh, healthy start in April. Hoping the Spring weather will finally hit us and bring healthier times for all.

Amidst all of the craziness all of the projects I have undertaken lately have been small but definitely worth it.

Quick project run down to hopefully spark some ideas for you:
  • Reorganized the medicine bin. I have a small bin filled with different medicines for cold, flu, cough, aspirin, Tylenol, etc. As the year goes on things get added, removed, moved around. I pulled everything out and disposed of expired items and put everything back in a neat orderly form. Took less than 10 minutes.
  • Organized cookie cutters. My cookie cutters were bursting out of their container at the seams. It was difficult to find the ones I was looking for and it was a pain to put them away. I pulled them all out (wow - there were more in there than I thought!) and grouped them by holiday and season. Different like groups were put into similar bins and stacked in an easy to reach place.
  • Grouped all discount cards on a ring. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was so clever. I pulled all of my club and member cards out of my wallet and coupon holder and hole punched them in the top corner (make sure not to punch through a magnetic strip or number) and put them on a small metal ring. Now it is in my car organizer ready to be used whenever we are out and about. There is so much more space in my wallet. I love it! Took 10 minutes.

My list of organizing projects is LONG and it is always changing and being updated. Checking small projects off the list helps just as much as the big ones. What small (or big) organizing projects have you tackled lately?

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment