10.27.2011

Last Minute Halloween Decor

Lately I have gotten the crafting bug. Big time. It could have something to do with my addiction to Pinterest - see my Pinterest post here. It could also have something to do with me being a newer mommy who is just starting to craft with her littles and rediscovering the fun of projects. The glitter, stickers, paint, markers, Modge Podge - oh my! Or it could be the season of holidays. Whatever the reason, it is fun and I am enjoying every minute of it.

Disclaimer - When I craft my projects don't always end up perfect. In fact they almost never do. And most times I tweak ideas I find to make it more simple and streamlined. Regardless, I always have fun with my crafts. Below are 4 easy ways to decorate a pumpkin. They are so easy you could still go out and buy a pumpkin and complete them this weekend in time for Halloween. Or tweak the project yourself and make your pumpkin less Halloween inspired and more fall themed and it can last through Thanksgiving.

One tip, I used artificial pumpkins for all of my projects. If I am going to spend time decorating them, I want to be able to use them again next year! I purchased mine at Michael's and Target. Target pumpkins were 1/2 the price of the craft store ones.

1. Polka Dot Pumpkin - Super easy. Place circle stickers all over pumpkin. Spray paint entire pumpkin black. Wait for it to dry. Peel off the stickers and voila! Inspiration

2. BOO Pumpkin - You can choose any word that suits you. Boo was cute and short! Glue black buttons on pumpkin in the shape of the letters. I used different sized buttons for a whimsical feel. Inspiration - Better Homes and Gardens Halloween issue.

3. Sparkle Pumpkin - EASY! Use a paint brush to apply a thin - cannot stress this enough - THIN layer of Modge Podge on your pumpkin. Shake desired sparkles over the painted area, shake and repeat until entire pumpkin is covered. I used iridescent glitter but you can use orange or any other color to go with a theme. TIP - I did mine over a cookie sheet with a large piece of paper on the cookie sheet. The paper caught all of the extra glitter and I was able to pour it right back in the bottle. Inspiration

4. Monogram Pumpkin - So Simple. Cut out any letter from scrapbook paper, apply Modge Podge and stick to pumpkin. Inspiration

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment